A Kariba lady, has opened up on social media how she survived a terrible gas explosion three years ago while she was baking that left her scalded.
According to her, on this same day in 2018, while baking she put the gas cylinder off after noticing it was on but no fire was emanating.
Immediately she put it back on, the gas cylinder exploded and she had to be rushed to the hospital.
She said she is grateful that she looks better three years after the incident and thanked everyone who has helped her in her treatment journey.
She wrote on Thursday , January 2020
“So this was how it happened for those asking: On January 20th 2018, I was baking with a friend.
She just got a handmade oven which was connected to a gas cylinder both the oven and cylinder was outside the house.”
“I went inside for some minutes and came back only to notice that the fire went off but the gas was still on so I put it off.
After some minutes I decided to put it back on and all I heard was pao pao (everywhere plutomania lol).”
“My friends immediately tried to apply palm oil and flour to try and reduce the impact of the explosion.
I was later taken to the hospital that was like 45mins away.”
I spent 2weeks+ in the hospital, I had friends and work mates all around. I had to keep smiling so most of them won’t drown me with tears”